Gloria surprised Jay this week: we're going to Hawaii for your birthday! Then, she surprised him again: the entire family is coming!
Before they jetted off, however, mahy hijinks were on tap at the airport. For example:
- Mitchell left his wallet at home and Phil drove him back to get it. This resulted in an angry Claire at the airport because she's scared to fly and wanted Phil by her side. Her solution? Get drunk. We like it!
- Jay also drank a lot because he was afraid Gloria invited the family along because she didn't want to spend time with him. But after Gloria and Manny were called to airport security (they thought Manny Delgado was a different, grown-up Manny Delgado), Jay learned that his wife and step-son were on different flights. How come? Gloria and Jay were staying for an extended period of time, all by themselves.
- Haley crushed on a random dude at the airport, thinking he was far more mature than Dylan (who managed to trap himself inside the Dunphys home, with the alarm on). But when she learned he was in eighth grade, Alex wouldn't let her sister hear the end of it.
In the end, Phil and Mitchell made it to the airport on time and made up with their spouses, who thought his/her better half wasn't communicating well with him/her. Phil carried his wasted wife on to the plane and the family was off to Hawaii!
I know I got a lot of baggage, but don't worry, I'm seeing a therapist. Just kidding. I'm fine.Phil
- Permalink: I know I got a lot of baggage, but don't worry, I'm seeing a the...
Jay: Did it hurt? When you fell from heaven and landed on earth.
Gloria: I didn't... oh, because I'm an angel!
- Permalink: Did it hurt? When you fell from heaven and landed on earth. I ...