Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
3965 posts
Halde

You said superior creature, not superior person. . . And becomming a slayer does make one superior to what they were before, because of the physical enchancements.

Posted at

Just because one is superior physically does not make one a superior creature. 

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

If one were dum as fuck (us as the gorrilas) that would be true. If a alien race came to earth who were as intellegient as us but all of them being as strong and fast as slayers, they would be deemed superior. . .

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

to us

Posted at

That kind of logic only works in authoritarian societies.

Just because Buffy for example is physically suiperior, it does not allow her to DEFINE how world has to be or to change how others live

Being stronger and faster just makes you that - stronger and faster. It does not make you into an infalible god who can decide the fates of all those below them. 

Posted at

AFter all the current mess is exactly result of people like Willow, Angel or Buffy playing gods. 

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

Nitpicking, but i dare say there is a difference in being a god and being suprerior to another. Some see highly intelligient people(IQ<150 for instance) as superior to the average intelligient person.

Although i know what you mean by her not being superior:)

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

I would pick physical superiority over interlectual any day, unless interlectual superiority included being able to build a Iron Man-suit, then i would pick that lol:)

Posted at

Some see highly intelligient people(IQ<150 for instance) as superior to the average intelligient person.

Same thing still, all that person is superior in is intelligence, not overall superiority. And the more intelligent person still has no right to affect or control the less intelligent ones.

It does not make the higher IQ person a "superior" to leser IQ person, it just means he is smarter.

In this case Buffy has this notion that she is more worthy than all other slayers and way more worthy than all those pesky humans who can't defend themselves. And that sense of entitlement has grown over the years.

By now Buffy feels INSULTED that she got treated like every other  Deepscan employee.

It has grown to such extent that she is subconsciously ruining any sort of "ordinary" things she might be good at. She is scared of being good at being ordinary. 

She is stronger, but that does not make her superior, just stronger. . She might be smarted, but that also does not make her superior, just smarter. 

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

It seems weird that Buffy(and a little bit Faith) and basically the entire scooby gang, hasen't grown to become a legend. That these people doesn't know who Buffy is, and what she has accomplished, seem strange.

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.