I watch a lot of science fiction so I don't trust death in any sort of fictitious work.
What helps to shepherd a character out of my present memory, and acknowledge that they won't come back is a proper send-off.
Funerals are an important part of the grieving process is real life, and the same goes for fiction.
After investing our time and energy into different fictional characters we want to know that our favorite characters were valued, along with the time we spent on them.
While the process of writing off characters will never change it's rare for characters to get full-fledged funerals in the age of Peak TV.
We've compiled 19 examples of TV funerals that punched us in the gut.
1. Mrs. S. (Orphan Black)
2. Michael Cordero Jr. (Jane the Virgin)
3. Aeryn Sun (Farscape)
4. Kate Todd (NCIS)
5. The Handmaids (The Handmaid's Tale)
6. Lucas Ripley (Station 19)
Wait! There's more TV Funerals That Punched Us In the Gut! Just click "Next" below:Next
- Photo Galleries, Multi-Show, Battlestar Galactica, Charmed
- Jane the Virgin, Station 19, Orphan Black, Farscape, NCIS, The Handmaid's Tale, Stargate SG-1, Doctor Who, The Magicians, Private Practice, The West Wing, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Rizzoli & Isles
- Related Photos:
- Photo Galleries Slideshows, Multi-Show Slideshows, Jane the Virgin Slideshows, Station 19 Slideshows, Orphan Black Slideshows, Farscape Slideshows, NCIS Slideshows, The Handmaid's Tale Slideshows, Battlestar Galactica Slideshows, Stargate SG-1 Slideshows, Doctor Who Slideshows, Charmed Slideshows, The Magicians Slideshows, Private Practice Slideshows, The West Wing Slideshows, Once Upon a Time Slideshows, Revenge Slideshows, Rizzoli & Isles Slideshows
- Related Posts:
- Created by:
- Lauren Busser