Many from misogynistic worlds, these ladies are prime examples of strength, confidence, and a blind belief in yourself. They stand their ground, they know what they're worth, and they're not going to let anyone get in the way of that.
Peggy Carter, for example, actually said, "I know my value. Anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter."
She's number one on this list because Peggy sets an example for everyone to follow and it's necessary to show that she wasn't from the present day; Peggy existed after World War II, when the men came home and tried to take everything back from the women that had to stand up and fill in while the men were fighting.
Below, here are 17 women that have faced unlikely odds, been pressured into giving up their beliefs in the world or themselves, yet they stood strong and conquered.
1. Agent Peggy Carter - Marvel's Agent Carter
2. Emily Prentiss - Criminal Minds
3. Cat Grant - Supergirl
4. Emma Swan - Once Upon a Time
5. Jessica Jones - Marvel's Jessica Jones
6. Rayna Jaymes - Nashville
Wait! There's more Women Who Stand Their Ground! Just click "Next" below:Next
- Multi-Show, Girl Crush Friday
- Criminal Minds, Marvel's Agent Carter, Supergirl, Once Upon a Time, Jessica Jones, Nashville, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, Timeless, Arrow, Pretty Little Liars, Scandal, Law & Order: SVU, The 100, The Flash, Reign, Quantico, How to Get Away with Murder
- Related Photos:
- Multi-Show Slideshows, Criminal Minds Slideshows, Marvel's Agent Carter Slideshows, Supergirl Slideshows, Once Upon a Time Slideshows, Jessica Jones Slideshows, Nashville Slideshows, DC's Legends of Tomorrow Slideshows, Timeless Slideshows, Arrow Slideshows, Pretty Little Liars Slideshows, Scandal Slideshows, Law & Order: SVU Slideshows, The 100 Slideshows, The Flash Slideshows, Reign Slideshows, Quantico Slideshows, How to Get Away with Murder Slideshows
- Related Posts:
- Created by:
- Jay Ruymann