Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
What an amazing, action-packed episode! All these developments went down during it...
- Jeremy told Tyler that he knows about the Lockwood Curse. Meanwhile, Tyler eventually gave the moon stone to his uncle because he was just sick of the whole thing.
- We flashed back to a year ago and saw how Mason became a werewolf. In self-defense, he killed a drunk pal that attacked him for allegedly sleeping with his girlfriend.
- Mason was busy throughout the day at a town event. He told Sheriff Forbes that Stefan and Damon were vampires and he'd prove it to her. How so? By lacing lemonade with vervain and having a little girl give Damon a cup. When he showed a reaction, Forbes knew what was up. She and two deputies shot the brothers in the woods, where they had headed to take out Mason.
After Mason led the cops down to the remains of his ancestors' home, he was ordered to leave so they could execute the Salvatores. But Caroline heard what was going on and came to the rescue. She swooped in, killed the two deputies and changed her mother's world forever. When Damon came to, he shied away from killing the sheriff because the two of them were friends. Instead, he took her back to his basement and said he'd compel her to forget everything that happened - but, first, he had to wait for the vervain she had taken to leave her system. This meant an extended stay in his basement.
Sheriff Forbes said she didn't want to see Caroline against because she was dead to her. Caroline overheard her mother say this.
- Stefan realized that there was only one way he could defeat Katherine: by slowing getting used to human blood and learning how to control it because he needed to be stronger. Elena volunteered her own so they could do it as a couple.
- The final scene depicted Mason meeting up with Katherine in the woods (eek!). She asked him if he had the moon stone, as we went back to that scene a year ago and watched as Katherine came running to Mason soon after he killed his friend. She hugged him and had a gleam in her eye. She's been using him and planning this the entire time! When Mason said he had acquired the stone, these two made out.