Manhunt: UNABOMBER tells the dramatic and gripping true story of the FBI’s hunt for the Unabomber, the deadliest serial bomber in history.
The story focuses on FBI Agent and Criminal Profiler Jim “Fitz” Fitzgerald (played by Sam Worthington of “Avatar” and “Hacksaw Ridge”), who pioneered the use of forensic linguistics to identify and ultimately capture the Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski (Paul Bettany, “Captain America: Civil War,” “Avengers” series and “A Beautiful Mind”).
This series features both Bettany and Worthington’s first major leading roles on U.S. television.
As a fresh faced Criminal Profiler and the newest member of the Unabom Task Force (UTF), Fitz faced an uphill battle not just against the Unabomber – one of the most sophisticated and brilliant criminals in history – but also against the bureaucracy of the UTF itself as his maverick ideas and new approaches were dismissed by the system.
Manhunt: UNABOMBER is produced by John Goldwyn, serving as consultant to Discovery, Lionsgate, Discovery Channel and Trigger Street Productions.
Emmy Award-winning television producer and director Greg Yaitanes (“Quarry,” “Banshee”) will executive produce, direct and serve as showrunner and Andrew Sodroski, whose “Holland, Michigan” topped Hollywood’s famed Black List for screenplays in 2013, created the series and serves as an Executive Producer.
Jim Fitzgerald will serve as Consulting Producer.
The all-star cast also includes:
- Golden Globe nominee Chris Noth (“The Good Wife,” “Sex In The City”) as character Don Ackerman the Bay Area Divisional Head of the FBI, who supervises the UNABOM Task Force;
- Oscar nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes (“Roadies,” “Game of Thrones”) as Tabby, a street agent who partners with Fitz;
- Golden Globe and two-time Emmy winner Jane Lynch (“Glee,” “Hollywood Game Night”) in the role of former U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno;
- Mark Duplass (“Togetherness,” “Blue Jay”) as David Kaczynski, Ted’s younger brother;
- Michael Nouri (“Woman Walks Ahead,” “The Slap”) as Penthouse founder Bob Guccione;
- three-time Tony Award nominee Brian d'Arcy James (“Hamilton,” “Spotlight,” “13 Reasons Why”) playing ‘Henry Murray,’ a professor of Kaczynski’s at Harvard University;
- Trieste Kelly Dunn (“Blindspot,” “Banshee”) playing ‘Theresa Oakes,’ a librarian at the Lincoln Public Library;
- Elizabeth Reaser (“Mad Men” and “Young Adult”) in the role of ‘Ellie,’ Jim Fitzgerald’s wife; Ben Weber (“Sex and the City,” “Secret Life of the American Teenager”) as Andy Genelli, former head of the UNABOM Task Force;
- Jeremy Bobb (“The Knick,” “Godless”) as Stan Cole, a seasoned FBI agent and Ackerman’s “foul-mouthed pit bull”;
- Lynn Collins (“X-Men Origins: Wolverine”) as Natalie, a post-doc in linguistics at Stanford;
- Katja Herbers (“Manhattan,” “The Leftovers”), as Linda, David Kaczinski’s wife;
- and Brian F. O’Byrne (“Mildred Pierce,” “Aquarius”) as Frank McAlpine, the FBI’s master profiler and Fitzgerald’s professor who leads the Behavioral Analysis Unit.