Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Leslie Knope: When I go through these doors, I need to be "on", like the White House Press Secretary. Are you ready?
Tom Haverford: Yes.
Leslie Knope: OK! Here we go! (pulls on the door, looks into the camera) It's locked.
- Permalink: When I go through these doors, I need to be on, like the White H...
I don't want to be overdramatic, but today felt like a hundred years in hell and the absolute worst day of my life.Leslie
- Permalink: I don't want to be overdramatic, but today felt like a hundred y...
Jim: I love Great lakes wine.
Tom: You can have the wine. I'm wanna take that cheese and do terrible things to it.
- Permalink: I love Great lakes wine. You can have the wine. I'm wanna take...
I enjoy government functions like I enjoy getting kicked in the nuggets with a steel toed boot. But this hotel always served bacon wrapped shrimp. That's my number one favorite food wrapped around my number three favorite food. I'd go to a banquet in honor of those Somali pirates if they served bacon wrapped shrimp.Ron
- Permalink: I enjoy government functions like I enjoy getting kicked in the ...
In a town as old as Pawnee there's a lot of history in every acre. This wooded area is the site of the murder, actually, of Nathanial Bixby Mark. He was a pioneer who was killed by a tribe of Wamapoke Indians. He traded them a baby for the city that is now Indianapolis. They cut his face off and made it into a dreamcatcher. And they made his legs into rainsticks. That's the great thing about Indians, back then, is they used every part of the pioneer.Leslie
- Permalink: In a town as old as Pawnee there's a lot of history in every acr...
Yes, I'm married. But my wife understands that a good politician has to be appealing to the ladies. The fact that I haven't even gotten close to cheating on her is a disappointment to both of us.Tom
- Permalink: Yes, I'm married. But my wife understands that a good politician...
Ron: I like your hairdo, Leslie.
Leslie: Thank you, Ron.
Ron: It's just like my brother's. He's an officer in the Air Force.
- Permalink: I like your hairdo, Leslie. Thank you, Ron. It's just like m...
The band has had a few different names over the years. When we started we were Teddy Bear Suicide. But then we changed it to Mouse Rat. Then we were God Hates Figs; Department of Homeland Obscurity; Flames for Flames; Muscle Confusion; Nothing Rhymes With Orange; then Everything Rhymes With Orange; Punch Face Champions; Rad Wagon; Puppy Pendulum; Possum Pendulum; Penis Pendulum; Handrail Suicide; Angel Snack; Just the Tip; Threeskin; Jet Black Pope; we went back to Mouse Rat and now we are Scarecrow Boat. God when I hear myself say "Scarecrow Boat" out loud I kind of hate it.Andy
- Permalink: The band has had a few different names over the years. When we s...
Wendy: How did Leslie meet her boyfriend?
Tom: She used to read him books at the senior center.
Beth: Wow. How old is he?
Tom: He's 6, but he has Benjamin Button disease.
- Permalink: How did Leslie meet her boyfriend? She used to read him books ...
Leslie: Tom Haverford. Boy genius. Smooth like milk chocolate.
Tom: That's kind of a weird way to describe me.
- Permalink: Tom Haverford. Boy genius. Smooth like milk chocolate. That's ...
Shauna: I'm surprised no one's complained about this.
Leslie: Oh, tons of people have. Yeah ... we get letters every day.
- Permalink: I'm surprised no one's complained about this. Oh, tons of peop...
(showing a mural of a Native American chief tied to a tree and about to be shot by a cannon) There are ten murals here in this hallway. This is called "The Trial of Chief Wamapo." It was painted in 1936 and this is Chief Wamapo. He was convicted of crimes against the soldiers. I'm always amazed at his .... quiet dignity right before he's killed by a cannonball.Leslie
- Permalink: (showing a mural of a Native American chief tied to a tree and a...