Gossip Girl Season 4 Episode 17: "Empire of the Son" Quotes
The question of whether we can fight faith will always remain a mystery. But the bigger question is what happens when we stop fighting it.Gossip Girl
- Permalink: The question of whether we can fight faith will always remain a ...
Dan: Just one kiss. And then we can know without a doubt.
Blair: I suppose that would work. One kiss. That's that.
Dan: One kiss and that's that. So?
Blair: So. Oh for crying out loud, Humphrey!
Gossip Girl: XOXO â€”Gossip Girl
- Permalink: Just one kiss. And then we can know without a doubt. I suppose...
Dan: I've been walking around the city all night with one all-consuming, paralyzing thought.
Blair: "Why am I walking around the city when I live in Brooklyn."?
Dan: What if my dad and Dorota were right, what if there's another reason we're keeping us a secret?
Blair: Another reason like what?
Dan: Plausible deniability? Blair, we kept us a secret because we were afraid there was something more.
- Permalink: I've been walking around the city all night with one all-consumi...
Serena: Chuck, talk to me. My mom just turned herself in to protect you. Why'd you shut down the party?
Chuck: There's nothing to celebrate.
Serena: What are you talking about? The company is safe, you're about to be head of your father's empire. It's what you've always wanted.
Chuck: What I wanted. All I ever wanted was to know him, for him to let me in. He lied to me until the day he died.
- Permalink: Chuck, talk to me. My mom just turned herself in to protect you....
Raina: I know Lily turned herself in, but that doesn't change anything between us.
Russell: I wasn't expecting it to. I just hope one day that you'll forgive me.
- Permalink: I know Lily turned herself in, but that doesn't change anything ...
Rufus: I suggest you leave. I'm not the only one who remembers why you were run out of town after your last visit.
Will: I appreciate your concern, Rufus. I tell you what, I'll let Cece explain everything. She's flying in as soon as she can.
Will: I don't think Lily quite realizes what she's in for. It's time to circle the wagons, Rufus. It's what we do best.
- Permalink: I suggest you leave. I'm not the only one who remembers why you ...
Blair: The world just wasn't ready for a Humphrey-Waldorf friendship. It's been nice not being friends with you.
Dan: Let's not do it again some time.
- Permalink: The world just wasn't ready for a Humphrey-Waldorf friendship. I...
Dan: Serena, Eric, Lily, they're gonna need us now more than ever.
Blair: And not "us." Dan and Blair. Individual entities. Two nouns separated by a conjunction.
Dan: Or a comma, if mentioned in a list.
Blair: Which is rare. Since we have nothing in common and are in fact, opposites.
Dan: The kind of opposites who do not attract.
Blair: Most definitely not.
- Permalink: Serena, Eric, Lily, they're gonna need us now more than ever. ...
You ever have a dream that feels so real, when you wake up you just want to lie there with your eyes closed and hold on to it? I barely remember being a teacher at Knightley. Being with you, makes it feel real. Because you remember.Ben
- Permalink: You ever have a dream that feels so real, when you wake up you j...