Meredith Grey Quotes
That was hell. Actual physical hell.
- Permalink: That was hell. Actual physical hell.
Carpe Diem. How annoying is carpe diem?
- Permalink: Carpe Diem. How annoying is carpe diem?
He's a pig and you deserve better.
- Permalink: He's a pig and you deserve better.
The only thing between you and the rest of your career is a test in a random hotel in a random city with a random examiner asking you random questions. Nervous? You should be.
- Permalink: The only thing between you and the rest of your career is a test...
It's one of those things that people say, you can't move on until you let go of the past. Letting go is the easy part, it's the moving on that's painful. So sometimes we fight it, try and keep things the same. Things can't stay the same though. At some point, you just have to let go. Move on. Because no matter how painful it is, it's the only way we grow.
- Permalink: It's one of those things that people say, you can't move on unti...
Cristina: Where's Toledo?
- Permalink: Where's Toledo? Canada Ohio
I'm flattered that she likes me but I have a really important job interview.
- Permalink: I'm flattered that she likes me but I have a really important jo...
When you're a kid, you always want things to stay the same. The same teacher, the same house, the same friends. Being a surgeon is no different.
- Permalink: When you're a kid, you always want things to stay the same. The ...
The human body is made up of systems that keep it alive. The one that keeps you breathing, the one that keeps you standing, the one that makes you hungry, and the one that makes you happy. They're all connected, take a piece out and everything else falls apart. And it's only when our support systems look like they might fail us that you realize how much we depended on them all along.
- Permalink: The human body is made up of systems that keep it alive. The one...
No more using my sister like a database. We broke her.
- Permalink: No more using my sister like a database. We broke her.
Every little kid knows the words to the song. The foot bones connected to the leg bone. The leg bones connected to the knee bone. In med school, you learn it's a little more complicated than that. The songs not wrong. Everything is connected.
- Permalink: Every little kid knows the words to the song. The foot bones con...
We've all heard the warnings and we've ignored them. We push our luck. We roll the dice. We play with fire. It's human nature. When we're told not to touch something, we usually do, even if we know better. Maybe because deep down, we're just asking for trouble.
- Permalink: We've all heard the warnings and we've ignored them. We push our...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
- Permalink: Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks differe...