Meredith Grey Quotes
[narrating] We have to constantly come up with new ways to fix ourselves. So we change, we adapt. We create new versions of ourselves. We just need to be sure that this one is an improvement over the last.
- Permalink: We have to constantly come up with new ways to fix ourselves. So...
Adapt or die. As many times as we've heard it, the lesson doesn't get easier. The problem is we're human. We want more than just to survive. We want love. We want success. We want to be the best that we can be. So, we fight like hell to get those things. Anything else feels like death.
- Permalink: Adapt or die. As many times as we've heard it, the lesson doesn'...
I'm a surgeon and I'm a good surgeon and I want to be a good mother. Honestly, I don't know much about it, but I'm ready to learn and I'm a fast learner. And I will do whatever it takes to be a good mom.
- Permalink: I'm a surgeon and I'm a good surgeon and I want to be a good mot...
Meredith: I put my hand on a bomb in a body. She could think that was...
Cristina: Suicidal? No, it was brave
Meredith: I told a shooter to shoot me.
Cristina: Change the subject.
- Permalink: I put my hand on a bomb in a body. She could think that was... ...
My mother was about as nurturing as a steak knife.
- Permalink: My mother was about as nurturing as a steak knife.
We've all heard the saying. It's one of those things you learn in seventh grade science class. Adapt or die. Adapting isn't easy though. You have to fight your competition and off their attacks. And sometimes, you have to kill. You do what you need to do to survive.
- Permalink: We've all heard the saying. It's one of those things you learn i...
Just when we think we figured things out, the universe throws us a curveball. So, we have to improvise. We find happiness in unexpected places. We find ourselves back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way. Sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong.
- Permalink: Just when we think we figured things out, the universe throws us...
Judge: Applicants Grey and Shepherd...
Derek: That'd be us.
Judge: I need to see some ID. OK, this seems to be in order, I'll jump right in. We are here today to participate in a marital union...
Bailey: To celebrate love and happiness and loyalty, and in my opinion, a little bit of magic.
Judge: In the form and regulations of the state of Washington,
Bailey: To bring together two exceptional and beautiful human beings
Judge: Since it is your intention to enter into marriage, join hands, and repeat after me. I, Derek Shepherd...
Derek: I, Derek Shepherd
Arizona: I take you, Calliope Torres to be my wife.
Meredith: For better or for worse in good times and in bad
Callie: I choose you to be the one whom I spend my life
Arizona: I love you.
Callie: I love you.
- Permalink: Applicants Grey and Shepherd... That'd be us. I need to see ...
Derek: Let's adopt this baby.
Meredith: What? Are you serious?
- Permalink: Let's adopt this baby. What? Are you serious?
Cristina: Well, he only has a shot because I've been benched. The playing field has been leveled. You're all welcome.
Meredith: My Alzheimer's trial kicks African orphanage ass. It kicks all your asses.
- Permalink: Well, he only has a shot because I've been benched. The playing ...
Diseases. Toxins. Our bodies encounter dangers all the time. Just beneath the surface hidden. Whether you realize it or not, your body is constantly protecting itself. Every time you blink your eye, you wash away thousands of unwanted microbes. Breathe in too much unwanted pollen, and you sneeze. The body detects the invader. It releases its white blood cells, and it attacks.
- Permalink: Diseases. Toxins. Our bodies encounter dangers all the time. Jus...
After a trauma, your body is at its most vulnerable. Response time is critical. So you're suddenly surrounded by peopleâ€”doctors, nurses, specialists, techniciansâ€”surgery is a team sport. Everyone pushing for the finish line. Putting you back together again. But surgery is a trauma in and of itself, and once it's over, the real healing begins. It's called recovery. Recovery is not a team sport. It's a solitary distance run. It's long. It's exhausting. And it's lonely as hell.
- Permalink: After a trauma, your body is at its most vulnerable. Response t...