Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Cristina: Well, he only has a shot because I've been benched. The playing field has been leveled. You're all welcome.
Meredith: My Alzheimer's trial kicks African orphanage ass. It kicks all your asses.
- Permalink: Well, he only has a shot because I've been benched. The playing ...
Diseases. Toxins. Our bodies encounter dangers all the time. Just beneath the surface hidden. Whether you realize it or not, your body is constantly protecting itself. Every time you blink your eye, you wash away thousands of unwanted microbes. Breathe in too much unwanted pollen, and you sneeze. The body detects the invader. It releases its white blood cells, and it attacks.
- Permalink: Diseases. Toxins. Our bodies encounter dangers all the time. Jus...
After a trauma, your body is at its most vulnerable. Response time is critical. So you're suddenly surrounded by peopleâ€”doctors, nurses, specialists, techniciansâ€”surgery is a team sport. Everyone pushing for the finish line. Putting you back together again. But surgery is a trauma in and of itself, and once it's over, the real healing begins. It's called recovery. Recovery is not a team sport. It's a solitary distance run. It's long. It's exhausting. And it's lonely as hell.
- Permalink: After a trauma, your body is at its most vulnerable. Response t...
The length of your recovery is determined by the extent of your injuries. And it's not always successful. No matter how hard we work at it. Some wounds might never fully heal. You might have to adjust to a whole new way of living. Things may have changed too radically to ever go back to what they were. You might not even recognize yourself. It's like you haven't recovered anything at all. You're a whole new person with a whole new life.
- Permalink: The length of your recovery is determined by the extent of your ...
Derek: Meredith i am so sorry. Addison...what are you doing here?
Addison: You'd know if you'd bother to answer any one of my phone calls. (turns to Meredith) Hi. I'm Addison Shepherd
Addison: And you must be the woman who's been screwing my husband.
- Permalink: Meredith i am so sorry. Addison...what are you doing here? You...
If you can think of a reason; any reason at all why the universe is so screwed up and random and mean; now would be an amazingly good time to tell me because I really need some answers.
- Permalink: If you can think of a reason; any reason at all why the universe...
Yesterday at that baby shower, I was jealous of Callie because she got pregnant without trying. And we tried. I get shots, I take my temperature, I put my legs in the air, and nothing. The universe says screw you Meredith and gives Callie a kid and then puts Callie through a windshield. I mean what the hell is going on? What's the point?
- Permalink: Yesterday at that baby shower, I was jealous of Callie because s...
Cristina: Yesterday we were at her stupid baby shower.
Meredith: I take it back. You can be Callie's baby's god-mother.
Alex: If there's a baby to god-mother.
- Permalink: Yesterday we were at her stupid baby shower. I take it back. ...
Meredith: I can't get over the fact that you know what onesie-decorating is.
Mark: I've been boning up. That's what you do for the people you love.
Arizona: Oh, bite me, Mark.
- Permalink: I can't get over the fact that you know what onesie-decorating i...
Renegades, rule-breakers, gangsters with scalpels. This is the way we like to think of ourselves. It makes us feel badass, sexy. Problem is it's not exactly true. At heart, we're rule followers, sheep. We don't break protocol. We follow it to a "T." Because if we don't follow protocol, our patients die, and then we're no longer badass. We're just bad.
- Permalink: Renegades, rule-breakers, gangsters with scalpels. This is the ...
You're missing a lot. He had a girl go crazy on him. His wife almost died and then she walked out on him. And then he was shot and almost bled to death in an elevator. He's been through a lot. So the Neanderthal thing is justâ€”it is an act. Well-executed one.
- Permalink: You're missing a lot. He had a girl go crazy on him. His wife ...
It's every doctor's dilemma. Do you play it safe and follow protocol? Or take a risk and invent a new one? There can be reward in risk. There can also be fallout. Still you need to book the system every once in a while. Bet big. And when you get the results you want, there's no better feeling in the world, but when you don't...
- Permalink: It's every doctor's dilemma. Do you play it safe and follow pro...