Meredith Grey Quotes
I had a terrible day. We say it all the time; a fight with a boss, a stomach flu, traffic. That's what we describe as terrible when nothing terrible is happening.
- Permalink: I had a terrible day. We say it all the time; a fight with a bos...
Bailey: He was my favorite, George O'Malley.
Meredith: I know, he was the good one.
- Permalink: He was my favorite, George O'Malley. I know, he was the good o...
Bailey: What is that?
Meredith: My mother's journal.
Bailey: I know what it is, why do you have it?
Meredith: Because it's my mother's journal!
- Permalink: What is that? My mother's journal. I know what it is, why do...
Surgeons can't be lazy, the risks are too great. The second we stop pushing ourselves, something terrible happens. Something we never see coming.
- Permalink: Surgeons can't be lazy, the risks are too great. The second we s...
It's not always easy to speak your mind, sometimes you need to be forced to do it. Sometimes, it's better to just keep things to yourself, play dumb, even when your whole body is aching to come clean. So you shut your mouth, keep your secret, and find other ways to keep yourself happy.
- Permalink: It's not always easy to speak your mind, sometimes you need to b...
As babies, we were easy. One cry meant you were hungry, another you were tired. It's only as adults that we become difficult. They start to hire feelings, put up walls. It gets to the point where we don't really know what anyone thinks or feels. Without meaning to, we become masters of disguise.
- Permalink: As babies, we were easy. One cry meant you were hungry, another ...
Derek's a tumor junkie!
- Permalink: Derek's a tumor junkie!
Meredith: Are you two talking yet or just having sex?
Cristina: Not just sex. Hot, dirty, stand on my head sex.
- Permalink: Are you two talking yet or just having sex? Not just sex. Hot,...
No, you had a mother. Jackson and I had surgeons who procreated. It's just a little complicated.
- Permalink: No, you had a mother. Jackson and I had surgeons who procreated....
Sometimes it happens in an instance. We step up, we see a path forward. We see a path and we take it. Even when we have no idea where we're going.
- Permalink: Sometimes it happens in an instance. We step up, we see a path f...
Derek: I know you took her to protect her. I know you altered the trial for Adele and Richard. You stood in front of a bullet for me. I know why you do all of it. It's what I love about you.
Meredith: And hate about me.
- Permalink: I know you took her to protect her. I know you altered the trial...
Meredith: What do you need for me to say I'm sorry?
Derek: I need you to be sorry!
- Permalink: What do you need for me to say I'm sorry? I need you to be sor...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
- Permalink: Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks differe...