Meredith Grey Quotes
You can't prepare for a sudden impact. You can't brace yourself. It just hits you. Out of nowhere.
- Permalink: You can't prepare for a sudden impact. You can't brace yourself....
Alex: You look like hell, you should go home.
Meredith: Me? You smell bad, you should leave.
- Permalink: You look like hell, you should go home. Me? You smell bad, you...
Victims of a sudden impact are some of the hardest to treat. It's not just the collision that injures them, it's everything after.
- Permalink: Victims of a sudden impact are some of the hardest to treat. It'...
Say you're in the OR. Repairing a vena cava. When suddenly everything goes to hell. So, you cut this, suture that, and soon that crappy situation is a thing of the past. Too bad you can't meet all of life's challenges with a surgical scalpel. I mean, you could try. But I'm pretty sure that would be considered assault.
- Permalink: Say you're in the OR. Repairing a vena cava. When suddenly every...
These are the things we beg for. A root canal, an I.R.S. audit, coffee spilled on our clothes. When the really terrible things happen, we start begging the god we don't believe in to bring back the little horrors, and take away this. It seems quaint now, doesn't it? The flood in the kitchen, the poison oak, the fight that leaves you shaking with rage. Would it've helped if we could see what else was coming? Would we have known that those were the best moments of our lives?
- Permalink: These are the things we beg for. A root canal, an I.R.S. audit, ...
What you did was dirty but what I did was illegal.Meredith to Alex
- Permalink: What you did was dirty but what I did was illegal.
Zola was our baby and she's gone. And I don't want another baby.
- Permalink: Zola was our baby and she's gone. And I don't want another baby.
Cristina: You can cry.
Meredith: I don't want to cry. I'm never going to see him again.
- Permalink: You can cry. I don't want to cry. I'm never going to see him a...
I had a terrible day. We say it all the time; a fight with a boss, a stomach flu, traffic. That's what we describe as terrible when nothing terrible is happening.
- Permalink: I had a terrible day. We say it all the time; a fight with a bos...
Bailey: He was my favorite, George O'Malley.
Meredith: I know, he was the good one.
- Permalink: He was my favorite, George O'Malley. I know, he was the good o...
Bailey: What is that?
Meredith: My mother's journal.
Bailey: I know what it is, why do you have it?
Meredith: Because it's my mother's journal!
- Permalink: What is that? My mother's journal. I know what it is, why do...
Surgeons can't be lazy, the risks are too great. The second we stop pushing ourselves, something terrible happens. Something we never see coming.
- Permalink: Surgeons can't be lazy, the risks are too great. The second we s...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
When we say things like "people don't change" it drives scientist crazy because change is literally the only constant in all of science. Energy. Matter. It's always changing, morphing, merging, growing, dying. It's the way people try not to change that's unnatural. The way we cling to what things were instead of letting things be what they are. The way we cling to old memories instead of forming new ones. The way we insist on believing despite every scientific indication that anything in this lifetime is permanent. Change is constant. How we experience change that's up to us. It can feel like death or it can feel like a second chance at life. If we open our fingers, loosen our grips, go with it, it can feel like pure adrenaline. Like at any moment we can have another chance at life. Like at any moment, we can be born all over again.Meredith
- Permalink: When we say things like people don't change it drives scientist ...