Meredith Grey Quotes
April: You're going to be the next Shepherds.
Meredith: Screw that, we're going to be the next Webber's.
- Permalink: You're going to be the next Shepherds. Screw that, we're going...
You're my person.
- Permalink: You're my person.
What if one little thing I said or did could have made it all fall apart?
- Permalink: What if one little thing I said or did could have made it all fa...
Meredith The baby you have is the baby you were destined to have. It was meant to be.
- Permalink: Meredith The baby you have is the baby you were destined to have...
You think Teddy will care if I take some of her widow casserole?
- Permalink: You think Teddy will care if I take some of her widow casserole?
Cristina: What about Ortho? Callie would be a great mentor.
- Permalink: What about Ortho? Callie would be a great mentor. Bones?
There's nothing else we can do for you. These are the last words a surgeon wants to tell a patient. Getting up doesn't come easy to us, so we do everything in our power not to. For surgeons, lost cause just means try a little harder.
- Permalink: There's nothing else we can do for you. These are the last words...
You can't prepare for a sudden impact. You can't brace yourself. It just hits you. Out of nowhere.
- Permalink: You can't prepare for a sudden impact. You can't brace yourself....
Alex: You look like hell, you should go home.
Meredith: Me? You smell bad, you should leave.
- Permalink: You look like hell, you should go home. Me? You smell bad, you...
Victims of a sudden impact are some of the hardest to treat. It's not just the collision that injures them, it's everything after.
- Permalink: Victims of a sudden impact are some of the hardest to treat. It'...
Say you're in the OR. Repairing a vena cava. When suddenly everything goes to hell. So, you cut this, suture that, and soon that crappy situation is a thing of the past. Too bad you can't meet all of life's challenges with a surgical scalpel. I mean, you could try. But I'm pretty sure that would be considered assault.
- Permalink: Say you're in the OR. Repairing a vena cava. When suddenly every...
These are the things we beg for. A root canal, an I.R.S. audit, coffee spilled on our clothes. When the really terrible things happen, we start begging the god we don't believe in to bring back the little horrors, and take away this. It seems quaint now, doesn't it? The flood in the kitchen, the poison oak, the fight that leaves you shaking with rage. Would it've helped if we could see what else was coming? Would we have known that those were the best moments of our lives?
- Permalink: These are the things we beg for. A root canal, an I.R.S. audit, ...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
- Permalink: Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks differe...