Claire Dunphy Quotes
Mitchell: You had your own moments. You had cheerleading, and high school plays, and making out with the quarterback...
Claire: Oh come on, you made out with him, too.
Mitchell: Yeah, but we had to keep it a secret.
- Permalink: You had your own moments. You had cheerleading, and high school ...
Luke already is the best at something. Being my son ... That sounded a lot less lame in my head.
- Permalink: Luke already is the best at something. Being my son ... That sou...
Claire: Getting everybody out of the house in the morning can be really tough. Especially the first day of school.
Phil: From the moment we get up at seven until we drop them off at school it is: go go go.
Claire: I get up at six.
Phil [mocking]: I get up at five.
Claire: Seriously, I get up at six.
Phil: That's you? I thought we had a racoon
- Permalink: Getting everybody out of the house in the morning can be really ...
Claire: Phil, let it go, I'm faster than you
Phil: If only there was some way we could settle this once and for all, but how?
Claire: You seriously want to race me? I ran a half-marathon last year
Phil: Okay, I'm half scared
Claire: Okay, we do need to do this. I'll go change
- Permalink: Phil, let it go, I'm faster than you If only there was some wa...
Haley: Hey mom?
Haley: Can I have forty dollars for lunch?
Claire: Forty dollars?
Haley: I also need a book for school.
Claire: A book?
Haley: I want a dress.
Claire: Do you have any idea what a bad liar you are?
Alex: I'd be more worried that she couldn't come up with a single book title
- Permalink: Hey mom? Yeah? Can I have forty dollars for lunch? Forty d...
Phil: Well, there's book smart and then there's street smart.
Claire: Yeah, and then there's Luke.
Phil: Oh, he's just, he's just curious, that's all. He's got this, almost, scientific mind with a thirst for knowledge. He's like this little Einstein. Some people ask "Why?" Luke asks, "Why not?"
Claire: I ask why a lot
- Permalink: Well, there's book smart and then there's street smart. Yeah, ...
Phil [on the phone with Claire]: Hey honey, what's up?
Claire: Uh, the school just called. Luke got in a fight.
Phil: Oh, jeez, is he okay?
Claire: Yeah, he's fine, but they want us to come down there. Where are you?
Phil: I'm showing a house.
Claire: What house?
Phil: I'm golfing
- Permalink: Hey honey, what's up? Uh, the school just called. Luke got in ...
Phil: It's nice to see you Gloria. [Hugs Gloria]
Gloria: Two times today.
Phil: Okay. [Goes in for another hug]
Claire: Uh, Phil, she means we've seen them two times today
- Permalink: It's nice to see you Gloria. Two times today. Okay. Uh, ...
If I say something that everybody else is thinking, does that make me a mean person? Or, does it make me a brave person, one who is courageous enough to stand up and say something, behind someone's back to a ten-year-old?
- Permalink: If I say something that everybody else is thinking, does that ma...
Dede: That's very revealing
Claire: That's my parenting style
Dede: No, I meant your blouse
- Permalink: That's very revealing That's my parenting style No, I meant ...
Dede: Why so long?
Claire: I know it's weird when it's been a long time since we talked
Dede: I meant your hair
- Permalink: Why so long? I know it's weird when it's been a long time sinc...
You know how growing up we all have that voice inside our head that tells us we're not good enough? Well, mine was outside my head driving me to school
- Permalink: You know how growing up we all have that voice inside our head t...