Someone pointed out on tumblr that Damon and Stefan were probably former slave owners.think about that and what they did in this episode. Does that not make anyone else uncomfartable?Posted 2/17/2012 2:39:06 PM #
i love your trollface bbyPosted 2/17/2012 2:44:05 PM #
Someone pointed out on tumblr that Damon and Stefan were probably former slave owners.think about that and what they did in this episode. Does that not make anyone else uncomfartable?yes they fucking are, they didnt seem to mind Emily being a slave and Katherine mentioned about Damon defending the south,Posted 2/17/2012 2:45:25 PM #
The above looks creepily way too much like David Tenant (the guy who played the 10th Doctor)Posted 2/17/2012 2:46:32 PM #
and cizzi what's your tumblr, sweetheart/Posted 2/17/2012 2:47:04 PM #
Someone pointed out on tumblr that Damon and Stefan were probably former slave owners.think about that and what they did in this episode. Does that not make anyone else uncomfartable?
A homosexual character using conditioning techniques, being a horrible father and eventually getting dead.
Two boys from South killing black people.
Good message there, plec. Real good.Posted 2/17/2012 2:48:27 PM #
oh killing black witches tooPosted 2/17/2012 3:00:55 PM #
the blacks get owned on this show harder than the almost extinct werewolf line.Posted 2/17/2012 3:01:49 PM #
TVD is the embodiment of sexism/misogyny, racism and homophobia.
Sexism/Misogyny - how they handle every female character in the show now:
- Becky? Least used original. When used, its mostly about some love crush stuff. Stefan, Matt, Damon, etc. Did we see her actually OWNING someone? No.
- Bonnie? I don't think it needs to be explained and it crosses with racism issue.
- Elena? Her overall mormonic caring messiah character of "feminine supporter wife" at home, john's "Stay in the kitchen, woman and birth children" letter, being focus of only romance storylines or getting kidnapped.
- Caroline? Romance and kidnappings now.
- Melissa - of course she is a doctor. Supporting passive role yet again. Focus on romance interests.
- Sage? Teaching vampires how to love, supporting passive shit again.
- Katherine? Highly sexual role, using the looks and sexuality more than brains and strength now. Represents usual "manipulative woman" and is constantly punished for that. Also focus on only romances.
Racism - how they handle all black people in the show:
- Bonnie and Abby this episode.
- The overall neglection of Bonnie as character.
- Every. Damn. Black. Witch. In. Existance. And how they are treated and how they die fast.
Homophobia - Bill Forbes. And the overall lack of ANY non-heterosexual wibes pairings or signals.Posted 2/17/2012 3:11:20 PM #
who can guess who's owning this inside their closet? hmmmPosted 2/17/2012 3:12:03 PM #