Thursdays 8:00 PM on The CW
The-vampire-diaries
63 posts
Fayeolivia

haha not insulted ;P it was just bugging me a little bit!

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

;P

Posted at

Personally i completly love them both. It's hard not to pick Wesley simply because of how long he was on the show and what a great arc he had. But i feel they could've played longer on Doyle. While i currently can't see a dark side on him(the same dark side that Wesley developed), i could see an Angel like dark past or something. 

To talk in realistic terms? Doyle's actor was a drunkard and a druggie by that time and he had to quit.

Otherwise I do not think Doyle could ever have a real "dark side" - his dark side was his cowardice, his inability to stand up  and an innocent coward dying in a heroic sacriffice pretty much embodied the theme of the show, so he HAD to die first - because he was the ideals of Angel The Series, the person who set Angel upon this path after Whistler's machinations. 

Except for Tara's leaving, there is basically no reaction to what she did in Tabula Rose.

You mean except the entirety of the rest of the season hinging upon the events in Tabula Rasa?

The subject that Willow mindcontrolled the entire group wasen't even processed or talked about in the group. 

That's like saying that no one reacted to Willow in Something Blue - except that the first thing Buffy does in Hush is to suspect her. Not verbally. 

Show, don't tell.

You do not need to have someone STATE something vocally - everyone reacted to Willow's actions.

It seems weird that the reation from anyone else but Tara is non existant

Tara had the biggest and most violent reaction because she knew what it means to have your mind be taken away - she remembered all the insanity so she spelled it out to Willow - everyone else did react to Willow's actions,  but what that episode did was emphasize their own problems, their own struggle with their identities.  And...

Giles reaction was leaving.

Buffy got driven into even stronger existential crisis and pretty much started treating Willow like a complete stranger, apart from the usual keep-up-faces scenes from time to time.

Xander completely reversed his opinion on Willow that he had in the season premiere.

Yet at the same time Giles wanted a life, Xander had to deal with his own insecurities, marriage thing and his own doubts and fear of being like his father and Buffy was going through a suicidal depression mindfuck period of sociopathy.  Thus the main reaction from those actions was to get even more into their own problems. 

If this was S4 or S2 Buffy, Giles and Xander, the reaction would be different.

but then when she gets high, the reaction is huge(at least Buffy's and Dawn's). And what Willow did in Tabula Rose is way WAY worse than what happend in Smashed.Do you know what "build up" means? Its continuation from the whole point of the show since Yoko Factor.

Buffy reacts directly to Willow's actions when it starts to matter to her - when she can relate and when she sees HERSELF in Willow going off the rails - in that moment you have Buffy's own hate for Willow reviving her, Tabula Rasa events, Dawn being hurt, etc - all of it boiling down, yet at same time Buffy does remain cold and emotionless with the whole confrontation being nothing more than yet another "going through the chores" after the initial outburst.

Buffy at this point does not really care on what happens to her or others or anything else - she is "going through the motions", but at the same time being almost completely emotionally numb to outside factors around her - she hates Willow and Xander, feels disconnected from Giles and spiteful towards him, avoids Dawn and hates what Dawn represents, etc. It took Xander laying it all out to her, Dawn getting hurt and her herself noticing similarities and parallels to Willow, to even care.

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

Giles reaction was leaving.

He left before Tabula Rasa. . .

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

If it wasen't for Tara leaving, a casual viewer wouldn't know in the following episodes that Willow had just commited a horrific act. . .

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

Sorry i didn't mean he left before, but he decidet to leave before Tabula Rasa*

Posted at

If it wasen't for Tara leaving, a casual viewer wouldn't know in the following episodes that Willow had just commited a horrific act. . .

Any viewer who was up for the ride for six seasons already would know how to recognize the reactions those characters have to those events. 

Sorry i didn't mean he left before, but he decidet to leave before Tabula Rasa*

Correction - he thought about leaving. He bought tickets and all, but could not prepare to tell them, meaning he still lingered upon that idea, had doubts The events of Tabula Rasa was a tipping point that confirmed his thoughts from Once More With Feeling - Buffy did not need him, he could not even recognize Willow anymore and he just wanted a life. The absurdity of those events made him act on it, finally.

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

He had just told them he would leave when the forgetting spell kicked in.

Any viewer who was up for the ride for six seasons already would know how to recognize the reactions those characters have to those events. 

By that logic, the non-reaction from Jenna's death in TVD was completly natural from all characters, even the real people(such as Caroline).

The reaction from the events in Tabula Rasa was unmeasureable. Also, the group tend to react rather strongly when someone acts morally wrong, like Willow did. The only logic i can put behind their non-reactions, is that they spared her more mental distress. They didn't want to pile on after Tara left her. 

Posted at

By that logic, the non-reaction from Jenna's death in TVD was completly natural from all characters, even the real people(such as Caroline).Wrong.

TVD did not HAVE reactions, be it verbal or the in-character ones.

BTVS had reactions fitting each character that make sense for anyone who has seeen the show up until that point.

Also, the group tend to react rather strongly when someone acts morally wrong, like Willow did. The only logic i can put behind their non-reactions, is that they spared her more mental distress. They didn't want to pile on after Tara left her. 

The only ones who REALIZED there was a real problem were Xander and Anya.

Buffy felt hurt and demoted Willow to a total stranger, but she was far too away from them all to know Willow's problems till Xander laid it all out for her and even then she was more willing to justify since parallels. And then she did have a reaction, although a delayed one.

Posted at

OKAY....

Just read the newest Angel and Faith chapter and...

WHAT THE FUCK?

HOW?

HOW DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?

WHAT THE FUCK DID JUST HAPPEN?

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad