Thursdays 8:00 PM on The CW
The-vampire-diaries
3965 posts
Halde

So i have just watched Tabula Rose(S06E08) and the two following episodes(Smashed and Wrecked). A few things that bugged me immensly here. The first i suppose is just a minor mistake, but very obvious. When Willow uses her forgetting spell aimed at Tara and Buffy(the big one in Tabula Rose), she just leaves the flowers there. Why would she leave the thing that would bust her right out in the open? I dno, just seems like a pretty big mistake.

Then there is the contradictory reactions of the characters in Tabula Rose and Smashed. In Tabula Rose when Willow anyway got busted for VIOLATING EVERYONES MIND AND PUTTING THEM ALL IN LIFE THREATNING DANGER, INCLUDING DAWN, no one said anything about nothing. No one got angry with her, or even morally outraged with her. Except Tara ofcause, but one would think that the outcome of such an act would be equally big. When Buffy did that thing in S3 when she went and saw Angel, everyone got pretty mad(except Willow) and even Giles couldn't hold back. But here, nothing. Nothing from Dawn, Buffy, Xander or anyone except Tara. Then in smashed Willow go with Dawn to the Rack guy who does the magic thingie. Willow gets high and summons a demon. Demon tries to kill Dawn, but they manage to get in a car. The Demon then beats of Dawn for a while(might be the best sequence in the entire BtVS universe, except for the scene in Buffy's head where she kill Dawn), and Buffy arrives to kick it around. Willow then incinerates it. Anyway, here Dawn gets very bad and even have the nerve to slap Willow. Buffy also rages on Willow and the word disgust might even be raised.

So WTF? Why make such a huge contradiction in their reaction? It feels totally out of place and really suspend ones disbelief of how real people would react.

Posted at

because tabula rasa is one of those catalyst episodes to develop dark willow

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

That's why none of the characters react to it o_O? 

Posted at

oh for gods sake, I hate this layout, half the page of text gone....

So i have just watched Tabula Rose(S06E08) and the two following episodes(Smashed and Wrecked). A few things that bugged me immensly here. The first i suppose is just a minor mistake, but very obvious. When Willow uses her forgetting spell aimed at Tara and Buffy(the big one in Tabula Rose), she just leaves the flowers there. Why would she leave the thing that would bust her right out in the open? I dno, just seems like a pretty big mistake.

Because she does not see herself as wrong.

Willow's defining element is pride. She wants to be THANKED for her actions. She feels that once the deed is done, everyone will realize of how right she was to do it and will be grateful. THat's why she needs magic - havign such a power makes her feel useful, in control, capable. She genuinely does not see anything wrong with her actions, because she does not GET the whole "morality" idea about magic, as shown through, well, entirety of the show, starting with I Robot, YOu Jane, as terrible as that episode was. 

Then there is the contradictory reactions of the characters in Tabula Rose and Smashed. In Tabula Rose when Willow anyway got busted for VIOLATING EVERYONES MIND AND PUTTING THEM ALL IN LIFE THREATNING DANGER, INCLUDING DAWN, no one said anything about nothing. No one got angry with her, or even morally outraged with her.  When Buffy did that thing in S3 when she went and saw Angel, everyone got pretty mad(except Willow) and even Giles couldn't hold back.Are we watching the same show?

Tara left her for it.

The gap between Scoobies and Buffy increased to the size of grand canyon from that and Buffy has remained ice-queen-ish towards Willow till Season Seven. 

Xander was torn of what to do, but his position shifted from "Oh she would not do that" to "willow has a huge problem" after that. Same for Anya.

Dawn felt even more abandoned.

Giles left. He felt disappointed in Willow even before this and after this he was pretty much "okay i am done with this shit".

The events of Tabula Rasa are essentially the reason on why EVERYTHING fell apart between them all in S6. 

Why no one CONFRONTED each other about it? That's what OMWF is about - they have all those problems, all those secrets that they hide from each other, that nobody even bothers to support each other. As Buffy said in S3, everyone is so busy wiith their own problems that they do not notice those of others - hell that was the point of that season - an expansion of theme that connects it with Yoko Factor and Empty Places.

Anyway, here Dawn gets very bad and even have the nerve to slap Willow. Buffy also rages on Willow and the word disgust might even be raised.

Because Buffy has been filled in by Xander and Anya already about Willow's problems and behavior. Till then she is too busy to pay attention to her, but now she has hurt Dawn and at the same time Buffy sees herself in Willow AND at the same time hates Willow for resurrecting her(if I remember correctly there's even a line in S9 by Willow that every time Buffy looks at her there's still some sort of miniscule sign of anger)

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

I am not talking about her general use of magic or running themes. I am talking about these two instances. Except for Tara's leaving, there is basically no reaction to what she did in Tabula Rose. The subject that Willow mindcontrolled the entire group wasen't even processed or talked about in the group. 

It seems weird that the reation from anyone else but Tara is non existant, but then when she gets high, the reaction is huge(at least Buffy's and Dawn's). And what Willow did in Tabula Rose is way WAY worse than what happend in Smashed.

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

Why did they have holy water in the chemistry class in the new Sunnydale highschool?

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

do*

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

Doyle vs. Wesley?

Hey y'all(that happens to read this thread:))

So in ATS who do you prefer? 

Personally i completly love them both. It's hard not to pick Wesley simply because of how long he was on the show and what a great arc he had. But i feel they could've played longer on Doyle. While i currently can't see a dark side on him(the same dark side that Wesley developed), i could see an Angel like dark past or something. 

Why one or the other?

Posted at
63 posts
Fayeolivia

Hi :) Newbie here.

Please stop calling it Tabula Rose. Its Tabula Rasa - it means blank slate.

PS. I love that episode!

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

You almost sound insulted o_O

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad