Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries

Don't care change her name lmao 

Meh, nope.

Her name meaning (burning one) and the name association with the moon fits the motifs of her character(independent, anarchistic prone to homicidal anger and revenge, werewolf)

In fact TVD should change the character name considering TV elena does NOT fit her own name, lol. 

Posted at

Also if show is as good as I expect it to be, you will actually hear me praise Elena lol. Imagine that.

Posted at
Charishma
2296 posts
Charishma

The only vampire shows I'm watching from now on are True Blood and Buffy.

The promo pictures of Bitten annoy me. They remind me of Secret Circle. Poor little blond girl and her perfetly curled hair. Spare me. And naming her Elena (regardlness if thats her name in the book series) seeems a bit like a cheap marketing gimic meant to target TVD audience. 

Writers and producers really have no respect for an audience's intelligence. Like JP saying we hate the pregnancy because it means the end of KC. Conveniently forgetting she already found another C to go in the KC. Does she honestly beleive we're stupid enough to think that Klayley is a thing? After all this that hope is so gone lol.

Posted at

e. Poor little blond girl and her perfetly curled hair.

hey now. Curled hair is the best hair. expecting laura vandervoort to part ways with her fabulous hair is stupid as she retained them in every role so far(not to mention its book-accurate hairstyle). 

also lol at comparing to Cassie.

Cassie is a supernatural newbie, who knows nothing. Elena has already went through all of that more than ten years ago. Its less of her being bossed around and more of her bossing around others.

. And naming her Elena (regardlness if thats her name in the book series) seeems a bit like a cheap marketing gimic meant to target TVD audience.Well frankly, the book series came out before the tv show. There might be some inspiration from the original tvd trilogy(but then again even BTVS was inspired by the first TVD trilogy, down to having same leads), but its not exactly a fanbase anymore by that point. The last book was published 17 years ago back then and it was 8 years more after 2009 till the second trilogy started. 

The book series was more of a try to get Buffy fanbase(since hey its 2001 and its the  hottest thing) and at the same time it tried something new - taking away the introductory phase cheese - you had a relatively snarky woman who is already in the know, has sorted out her life and has a job, coming to town where all the supernatural stuff happens and even love interests are someone she has already met and interacted with before, thus no love at the first sight stuff.

And its quite clear they don't want tvd fanbase considering how the writers of the show are talking about tvd, lol. Its being marketed as bassically Supernatural Horror Sopranoes. 

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

I admit I haven't seen the actresses other roles but she was quite a bore in Instant Star. Probably because Instant Star was a bore to begin with, and lol @ last season putting her in a triangle with two black dudes

Posted at

^oh you bipolar you. Last month you said she was only one you could stand in that show.

Meh, never heard of Instant Star anyway, and that coming from ME, well, that should tell everything about show. 

Posted at

Haven't seen her in that many of things except for Haven, Smallville and V remake and most of roles she gets are bitchy, if a bit vulnerable looney bins(in Haven she played a serial killer who wears its victims skin, in Smallville she played someone completely out of touch with this world and in V - an alien trying to kill her own mother). In Smallville she was decent, in V she was the only reason to even watch that trainwreck. 

Big plus for having actual martial experience and being in shape before you go to star in supernatural tv show, unlike certain other people (*cough*N.Dobrev*cough*)

Posted at

martial arts*

Posted at
Charishma
2296 posts
Charishma

BN, All I'm saying is that regardless of it being her book name, its targeted towards the TVD audience. As for the Buffy audience, well, a lot of people I know who loved Buffy gave TVD a try at one point. The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
When people compare Klaus to Spike(btvs) and Klaroline to Spuffy

My poor fangirl heart can’t handle all these emotions

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.