Thursdays 8:00 PM on The CW
Prime_large
The-vampire-diaries
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
Last time I checked TVD threads(year or so ago) there, all that was going on was Damon stans whitewashing damon(something along the lines of "oh caroline did not suffer abuse because she got over it") and highlighting Steffie's "sins", while Steffie stans were too busy slut-shaming half the cast      It's the opposite, ask BR and Patri. The S&S thread is full of anti Damon apologists, his fans that don't take it personal stick around, but a lot of them make some hilarious speech on how annoying we are and then they never come back. It's dominated by Stefan fans but they don't white wash him either. Since they troll or have a sense of humour they get warned a lot, half the members are suspended for making fun of a Damon stans tumblr, then suspended a Damon fan afterwards. If it was like TVD.net or GG board I wouldn't be there
Posted at
1565 posts
Amie

Yawn, can we talk about something new alrdy please? Oh wait, yeah there is nothing new to talk about since this show keeps going in circles of triangles...with its shitty storylines...

Damn, can't wait for Michael to do a photo-recap of this episode because yeah....just like GG in its s5, the phot-recaps are the only things to get me through this terrible writing and horrible fashion....Caroline, sweety DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR HAIR!

Posted at
Cooling

Judgement

This is where I stopped reading.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

too busy slut-shaming half the cast

The cast isn't slut shamed there, but they criticise everyone's acting except for Paul and Joseph. 

Posted at

While I have no interest on refuting or writing a lot of meta about this show, but I call bullshit on the very first part already...

OF COURSE CAROLINE SHOULD JUDGE KLAUS MORE THAN HE JUDGES HER:

Klaus is an abusive misogynist serial killer who spent 1000 years doing horrible bullshit, murdering entire families and laughing about it. Deaths Caroline caused can be counted with one hand and they never had malicious cause on her wanting to kill someone or hurt someone intentionally. SHE HAS THE MORAL HIGH-GROUND.

Its not a "FLAW". Its the ONLY bit of consistent realistic morality in the whole fucking show, where everyone else is consistently making fun of Caroline for BEING RAPED as if it was no big deal.

So yeah for all intents and purposes caroline has every right to blame and NOT be blamed by him, because HE IS THE OFFENDER and she is his victim. 

The ammount of horrible bullshit, abuse apologism and misogyny in the first point is VOMIT INDUCING. 

Show could rape caroline's character FURTHER and make her kill a country - that would STILL NOT BALANCE THE SCALES, but oh well, Plec will try and its infuriating - because Plec is bassically saying that the VICTIM DESERVED IT...

Second point is bullshit too since everyone in TVD is a sociopath and NOONE'S DECISIONS ever matter or get called out on. Except Caroline's since Plec hates her. the show has NO MORAL SETTING to judge characters on. "WE" can, but the narrative does not, making it pointless.

Third point is even bigger bullshit as it's bassically the whole "victim blaming" part of point 1, BUT EXPANDED. More misogyny, more victim blaming, more excuses for abuse. 

Fourth point is nonsensical shipper nonsense.

Fifth point ignores the fact that MAKING Caroline morally gray destroys her character - EVERYONE ELSE in the show already is "oh so misunderstood" and "does bad things for excuses"(without the show calling out of them). The MAIN FACTOR on why people liekd Caroline was because she was NOT CRAY. She was strong, independent stable growing woman with none of the shitty TVD angst the show never managed to write correctly.Caroline was different vampire. Someone who takes her humanity and morality ABOVE her new nature. Taking that away from her destroys ALL OF HER CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IN S1 and S2. 

And then I read how the bullshit author of that post CONDEMNS Caroline for BEING JUSTIFIABLY ANGRY AT HER ABUSERS and I puked and stopped reading that bullshit. 

Posted at

That's answer to charisma's post. 

Posted at

It's the opposite, ask BR and Patri. The S&S thread is full of anti Damon apologists, his fans that don't take it personal stick around, but a lot of them make some hilarious speech on how annoying we are and then they never come back. It's dominated by Stefan fans but they don't white wash him either. Last time I saw Steffdward thread, I saw a lot of people with steffie avatars justifying steffie's actions by saying he totally was drugged/compelled by Klaus during 20's to do all the bad stuff...

The cast isn't slut shamed there, but they criticise everyone's acting except for Paul and Joseph. 

"oh elena is such a big slut for eyefucking damon through season one". 

How is that not slut-shaming?

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
Even I read too much into KC last week. They acted so domesticated and something about him digging up those graves all night for her stood out to me
Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Christ Kitty, we're talking about the S&S board not the appreciation threads. And I meant the actors aren't slut shamed

Posted at

And I meant the actors aren't slut shamed

Because that's banable offense.

99% of posts about characters themselves are that though. 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad