Thursdays 8:00 PM on The CW
The-vampire-diaries
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
Pretty sure you can all see this lol. http://www.fanforum.com/f15/vampire-diaries-s-s-147-because-our-show-coming-back-dead-next-week-63083066/index16.html
Posted at
Cooling

I think she thinks Klaus exists irl.

Posted at
1565 posts
Amie

All I know is the moment Klaus is off this show, so am I. 

Posted at
Cooling

Srsly, if he's not around to entertain me, I wouldn't stick around for the fail writing.

I love Caroline, but she's been reduced to nothing. and Stefan doen't make any sense at this point.

Posted at

Dear Julie Plec,

No faps no views, fuck you, you can't write.

Posted at
2425 posts

I only watch for klaus/Klaroline so now that both will be gone I'm over this show. I don't want to watch a show full of forwood sex scenes and tired triangle drama. 

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

I think they know he's also popular for his chemistry with other characters, it's a given, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions the they'll abandon all that for the spin off. I mean they made Angel leave for his show and Bangel I'm sure was popular, but still I don't see them dropping KlausxEveryone 

Posted at

I mean they made Angel leave for his show and Bangel I'm sure was popularThe thing with Angel was that they pulled no stops and you litterally had about equal sides of fanbase - one side wanting to forgive him, other wanting him to die. 

As for Bangel - it was terribly popular, but the events of Season Two split the opinion on it in two(and a lot of people loved Cordy's interactions with him, the fact that he would actually smile around her, etc)

ATS worked as a show because they took three BTVS underdog outcasts(Cordy, Wesley and Angel) each of whom were VERY polarizing in terms of fanbase. 

And then they build upon that.

The catch however was that ALL THREE Of them already had an established character backstories and certain plots set in motion. 

You could take out Angel out of BOTH shows and you would still have stuff to write about him. Same for Cordy and Wesley. THEY WORK separately as characters as well as they do together.

What is it that you would write about Klaus that would make it possible to ignore EVERY SINGLE TVD character? He is written around curse, Elena, hybrids and all that TVD shit. How about other originals? Can you honestly DESCRIBE any of those characters(apart from Becky being bitchy) in a sufficient way for them to WORK without TVD characters?

Beckie as character would not work without lame longing looks for steffie, jealousy for Caroline and all that dumb shit.

Klaus has no plots apart Elena, curse and the hybrids. The show litterally spelled out that that's what he focused on for ENTIRETY of his life.

"Being popular" is not enough for the spin off to succeed - you need a good character build up. 

Angel, Cordelia, Wesley - ALL OF THEM had enough of stuff in their pasts and characters, that has NOTHING to do with BTVS cast. And then the whole S3 was written around GIVING THEM REASONS to live and to be ABLE to leave. Originals have none of that - their purpose starts and ends with TVD plot. 

Posted at

Not to mention - fucking worldbuilding.

Los Angeles was a place featured in BTVS SINCE THE PILOT EPISODE - its the town Buffy arrived from, it has been indicated to be supernaturally active, BUFFY VISITED IT, setting up events in motion for ATS, enough of world-lore was created to be used BEYOND the current plotlines, etc, etc, etc.

Did TVD EVER mention whatever town the supposed spin off would take place in and does it have ANYTHING to do with Originals? The obvious answer would be no. 

So yes, throwing a bunch of barely established characters with almost no personalities of backstories, into a completely random town will work out well...oh yes...

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

I'm going to read The Lonely now but I wish Fate would update already 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad