Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
Prime_large
The-vampire-diaries
98 posts
Ellena

Okay, this may sound random, and I'm not a DE-obssessed, but I really enjoyed a video on youtube. It's beautifully edited, and cute. See if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4IyR42f9hY&feature=relmfu

Posted at

14 Reasons to not Ship DE:

Elena is a horrible non-character and does-no-wrong mary sue who does no mistakes and always knows what's right.  . Damon is a horrible misogynistic rapist. He fucked her mother. He killed her mother. He turned her mother. He fucked her ancestor. who looked identical to her. He killed her brother right in front of her. He raped and abused her best friend, Caroline, for weeks and almost killed her. He raped and abused her aunts best friends for weeks and led to her death. He indirectly killed her other best friend's, Bonnie's, gramps.  He dirrectly killed Bonnie's mother.  He is abusive and prone to violent melt-downs and murder - a typical abusive mysogynist.  He forced blood down her throat, what a wonderful domestic life that implies.
Posted at
98 posts
Ellena

@Bored Now.

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

Bad move to post TS when Kitanishi is talking about sexism and misogynism. . .

Posted at
98 posts
Ellena

lol, and why is that?

Posted at

Oh don't you know, I am on the crusade against Taylor Swift and her sexist lyrics that imply ownership of your partner and usually contain lots of slut-shaming. 

Posted at
1584 posts
Stavroula

Oh don't you know, I am on the crusade against Taylor Swift and her sexist lyrics that imply ownership of your partner and usually contain lots of slut-shaming. 

^Bless!! She gets on my nerves. ugh..

And for Delena, I used to ship them so hard in season 1 and 2, but then season 3 happened and everything went to hell. If I had to chose between Delena and Stelena, I'd chose DE, but I still don't like this relationship.  

Posted at
98 posts
Ellena

Taylor Swift and her sexist lyrics that imply ownership of your partner and usually contain lots of slut-shaming. Not true.

Considering I lisetend to every song she has released, I can only LOL at what you just said.

Posted at

@Niny

"mine",  a typical example where she praises the "proper" girl and damns a sexually active one who DARES to dress in style as "improper". It also depicts a twisted idea of blame shifting( the pretty boyfriend OBVIOUSLY isnot at fault, but the girl is because of how she drssses?)and even the song title treats relationship as ownership.

same with you belong with me and other crap. then you have subtle and not so subtle sexist notions like her character ALWAYS being the one in the passenger seat and never the one who DRIVES. its always "boyfriend's car" and all that gender role crap.

@stavroula

i was a hardcore de shipper back in season one,but s2 killed the pairing for me, as well as any interest in the whole trio. s3 merelly made me hate everyone who is not caroline and then killed interest in the show.

Posted at
98 posts
Ellena

"mine",  a typical example where she praises the "proper" girl and damns a sexually active one who DARES to dress in style as "improper". It also depicts a twisted idea of blame shifting( the pretty boyfriend OBVIOUSLY isnot at fault, but the girl is because of how she drssses?)

"You were in college working part time waitin’ tablesLeft a small town, never looked backI was a flight risk with a fear of fallin’Wondering why we bother with love if it never lastsI say "Can you believe it?"As we’re lying on the couchThe moment, I can see it.Yes, yes, I can see it nowDo you remember, we were sitting there, by the water?You put your arm around me for the first timeYou made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughterYou are the best thing that’s ever been mineFlash forward and we’re taking on the world togetherAnd there’s a drawer of my things at your placeYou learn my secrets and you figure out why I’m guardedYou say we’ll never make my parents’ mistakesBut we got bills to payWe got nothing figured outWhen it was hard to takeYes, yes, I thought aboutDo you remember, we were sitting there, by the water?You put your arm around me for the first timeYou made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughterYou are the best thing that’s ever been mineDo you remember all the city lights on the water?You saw me start to believe for the first timeYou made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughterYou are the best thing that’s ever been mineOh, oh, ohAnd I remember that fightTwo-thirty AMYes, everything was slipping right out of our handsI ran out crying and you followed me out into the streetBraced myself for the goodbye‘cause that’s all I’ve ever knownAnd you took me by surpriseYou said, "I’ll never leave you alone"You said, "I remember how we felt sitting by the waterAnd every time I look at you, it’s like the first timeI fell in love with a careless man’s careful daughterShe is the best thing that’s ever been mine"You made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughterYou are the best thing that’s ever been mineDo you believe it?Going to make it nowI can see itI can see it now".

Now where the hell is what you just noted?

even the song title treats relationship as ownershipMine, as in, "You are the best thing, that's ever been mine." ie, you are , -oh you my soulmate, the love of my life, the boyfriend I married- the best thing that's ever happened to me. This may be subjective, but I read this in a beautiful way. And yes, I would refer to my boyfriend as mine. As the person I'm commited in a serious relationship with, the one with whom I happen to be in love. The word has its meaning here, not just  plain property.

then you have subtle and not so subtle sexist notions like her character ALWAYS being the one in the passenger seat and never the one who DRIVES. its always "boyfriend's car" and all that gender role crap.Now you're making a false statement. That's just NOT true, the only time I recall her porteying this particular situation is in her song "Fearless", 

So baby drive slow'til we run out of road in this one horse townI wanna stay right here in this passenger's seatYou put your eyes on meIn this moment now capture it, remember it

Where she is telling the drive she had with that boy she was falling for. So a teenage boy giving a teenage girl a ride, is "subtle" sexist symbolism? Are you sure it's not a realistic situation any teenage girl had experienced/could experience?

May it's the fact that you don't like her, nor her music, which is REALLY okay. But as a woman who can relate to what she writes, and who has actually listened to what she wrote, what you're implying is just...wrong.

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Want more The Vampire Diaries?

Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad