All this Buffy talk needs to stop

Obviously yes. :) Anything with SMG is an instant WIN. All they need to do now is get J.Marsters into the same show and I'd marathon watch it 24/7 :P

Posted at

vimeo.com/26193364 --- Buffy/Spike - Soul Standing By - Their heavy, bumpy, dark, strange, messed up and at the same time attractive, lovely and complex relationship. Spike is always there, standing for her, being for her, as they both wander through the darkness and black that is their existance itself.
Posted at

spike is good. Buffy is better. Spike+buffy equals the best. ;p
Posted at

@Vampbarbie

So? That just proves my point. Buffyology is accepted as study material even though the general academic public is somewhat wary of accepting a tv show.

@DamonSucksMyWo 

Wikipedia's not the best source to prove a point and I still don't see your point like I don't with so many others but regardless of what you write about how great and revolusionary Buffy was for television, it's still irrelevant to me. 

Well, then you should not have even written that question before.You would have no need to be frustrated when proven wrong ;]

Posted at

As well as what She was a daydreamer said. I agree.

Posted at

(your opinion, if not, evidence please.

I'll just leave this from wikipedia there then:

Buffy is notable for attracting the interest of scholars of popular culture as a subset of popular culture studies. Academic settings increasingly include the show as a topic of literary study and analysis...Nonetheless Buffy eventually led to the publication of around twenty books and hundreds of articles examining the themes of the show from a wide range of disciplinary perspectives including sociology, Speech Communication, psychology, philosophy, and women's studies.... The series, which employed pop culture references as a frequent humorous device, has itself become a frequent pop culture reference in video games, comics and television shows, and has been frequently parodied and spoofed. Notable examples of shows influencede: Doctorwho, MADtv, Simpsons, The Friends, Xena, Smallville, True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Gilmore GIrls, Farscape, Twilight Zone and Bones. There are space objects named after the show characters. Commentators of the entertainment industry including Allmovie, The Hollywood Reporter and The Washington Post have cited Buffy as "influential". Autumn 2003 saw several new shows going into production in the U.S. that featured strong females who are forced to come to terms with supernatural power or destiny while trying to maintain a normal life. In the United Kingdom, Buffy became a blueprint for the revived Doctor Who series (2005–present) Lost, Smallville has been started and written by BTVS writers.

So yes. Not an opinion. Fact.

Posted at

I'd like to discuss the bad pointe but not how they compare to btvs.

Thats your problem, not mine.

Its perfectly fine to compare to the superior trend-setting show of same genre, same premise and same inspiration to draw out the bad points. :)

Posted at

The original what? Tv show about vampires? There were indeed shows about vampires before Buffy, but if you refer to storyline etc. then Buffy was presumably the original (I haven't heard of tv shows before buffy that explored sexual relations between vamps and humans).

Original show inspired by tvd books. Original show from which the cetain scenes and characters in tvd come from. Original show to set the bar for vampire fiction. The show to actually set the standards of quality for tv shows. Original show to re-introduce the badass-main-female-character style into tv shows. The show to propel the gothic vampire romance genre into mainstream as well as set the standards and rules for it. 
Posted at

New info on Caroline Season 3 storyline

Yeh;.

The fears of tvd that will most likely happen:

Bonnie conveniently forgetting that she can mind-whammy Stefan or that Becky girl. Jeremy/Bonnie being dropped away at the most possible moment(am i only one who is reminded of heroes "pairings" with these two?) Character deaths ruined by huge revivals(jenna, john, etc) Them making every "fan favorite" villain immortal and good (plec implied that thats the reason why originals went more and more powerful and unkillable with every episode) 
Posted at

New info on Caroline Season 3 storyline

Heroes also had no timeline and thousands of unrealistic and stupid inconsistencies(solar eclipse lasting a hour? FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER ONE? and etc).

K.Williamson claims they "dont want to be Heroes", but this show just keeps slowly inching towards such ridiculousness.

Posted at