Stelena Appreciation Thread

from tumblr

Are you optimistic about stelena in s4? Because personally I really think they are going to stay forever the entirety of it.    Anonymous

I mean, there’s no doubt that Stefan and Elena will have their ups and downs. I think it’s inevitable that in season 4, Elena will long for the darkness and “consuming” passion that Damon brings. The thing is though, at the end of the day, as much as Elena gets a thrill from Damon, he’s not the one who grounds her. He doesn’t make her feel whole. He doesn’t make her feel loved the way that Stefan does and there’s no doubt about it. Even after being apart for so long, you could see, by the subtle way Elena rested her head on Stefan’s shoulder in 3x20, that with him, she feels loved and she feels protected. Elena, as a vampire, is going to be tempted by the darkness that is Damon. I think she’ll want to experiment it, if you will. Damon is darkness, he’s danger. But Stefan… Stefan is Elena’s humanity… Her light at the end of the tunnel that never goes out. Stefan and Elena’s love is eternal, because it’s everything: it’s love, anger, guilt, passion, loss, understanding. In season 4, I think that it may have its moments for Delena, but at the end of the day, we’ll see how much Elena loves Stefan and how much he loves her. I’m not worried about Stefan and Elena. That kind of love never dies.

Posted at

“Damon makes Elena more independent, fiery and bold. Stefan makes her weaker and codependent.” - Delena fan

No, honey. Damon makes Elena an unlikable, unbearable, intolerable bitch. And we don’t need another bitch who’s an Elena look alike. One (Katherine) is already enough.

from tumblr, second part tad harsh on elena. although imust admit she never looks happy around damon, cept for that one scene where there making chilli. and i hated 3.19 when she let damon talk to jeremy like that, even thought she knew he was right.

i also hated it3.06 where she says to damon where were you? cos that was quite misleading on herpart. but i do think elena does become more manipluated when around/or to do with damon.

Posted at

from tumblr. honestly people just hear certain things.

Stelena remind me of many highschool couples today. Haven’t we all been there and done that? Having a boyfriend, being young and naive, and thinking that he’s ‘the one’ and that you’ll always love him. Stefan was Elena’s choice as a young, eighteen year old human. As a vampire, Elena will change. She’ll no longer be that sweet, innocent girl Stefan fell in love with. As Julie Plec said, “Elena will no longer be Elena.” She’ll become more like Katherine, the exact opposite of what Stefan wants. As time goes by, Stefan and Elena will outgrow their relationship with each other. They’ll have changed so much by the end of this show, that they’ll no longer be as compatible as at first.

i mean i never heard jp say she'll be more like kat, and they always tell us that human qulaties are heightened so why would elena change s drastically? again people just makin stuff up to suit themselves or what they want to see

Posted at

from tumblr

To be clear, I love Damon. He’s a great character. Ian Somerhalder is too gorgeous, I can’t even comprehend.

-

But…

“Stefan got both girls, it’s Damon’s turn.

“Stefan had Elena for two seasons, it’s Damon’s turn.”

“Stefan is too perfect. Damon is more realistic, he has more flaws.”

“Stefan has felt half the pain Damon went through. Damon has been heartbroken so many times, it’s Damon’s turn to get the girl.”

I really don’t understand. Is it really Stefan’s fault both girls Damon has taken a liking to fall in love with him? When has Elena become a prize/item to be won? When has Elena become a toy that the brothers can trade over? Perfect? Because being a ripper is oh-so-perfect. Half the pain? Has Damon felt the pain of accidently killing their father? Has Damon felt the pain of realizing you’ve killed hundreds of people? Has Damon felt the pain of losing his best-friend? (I’ll give him Alaric, but that friendship could never come close to the relationship between Stefan and Lexi.)

“I thought I could win you from my brother fair and square.” No Damon, Elena is not a prize you can win, she’s a human being. And nothing about what you’ve been doing with Elena behind Stefan’s back is fair and square. 

I swear Stefan can never win in this fandom. Stefan punches Damon because he kissed Elena - WW3 starts. Damon stakes Stefan because he saved his life - Gets applauded. This isn’t even about Stelena anymore. It’s about how fucking low people AND Damon think of Stefan

Posted at

sorry its doin that sent for moderation thing

Posted at

also i was thinking about what damon said to elena in 3.02, n i was just like the 1st few episodes of s3 elena was all for finding stefan. we'd being made to beleive they being chasing up leads all summer, so what had appened for damon to say "i want you to rememeber what you felt whilst he was gone". because once again we dont see any build up we juat have damon saying ramdom things. so what had elena said or done for damon to believe her feelings towards him were changing? and why did he try and confuse her insteda of stamping out any feelings and doin the good thing towards his brother?

another reason d/e arnt endgame, because it isnt built from anything solid, its built on stefan. she only gave him the time of day for stefan, she only saved him for stefan. she only tried to get kat out of the tomb for stefan. she only got closer to him because of stefan.

damon is consumed by his need for some to want him 1st, but he's choosing the wrong person, and from plecs statement i hope he realises this by the end of season 4 so we can move on from this triangle and season 5 have a triangle with damon, rebecca abd bonnie lol!!!!

Posted at

whereas with caroline although i dont ship her with klaus i can see the pull for her. when he was talking about paris and toyko she was intreated, when he said a small time boy wont be enough, her expression was pained cos really she knew it. caroline is more drawn to that life, because even as a human she wasnt the one for small town. but she has the love for tyler because of what they've being through together they had each other.matt because it was simple and even though i loved c/m i dont think they were meant to be together, matt probably is destained to be in mf, where as caroline would always leave at some point. so for all carolines love intreats you can see the draw for all her diffferent personallties. where as elena we know what she values and wants. and i think fo her to be with damon thet had to change her, to try and change her charater, it gives them more leeway to give d/e a go but if this if how it happens, i'll be miffed, and as a d/e fan i think they should be pissed aswell. cos d/e cant happen as they are who they are now, or if stefan alive lol.

Posted at

d/e dont makes sense, because him n stefan are so oppisite, the only qualities she like in damon stefan has already.  a  proper triangle your attracted to two differnt people becaus they are so different. whereas as even damon has stated he's not stefan he's never going to be stefan. as the 16 year old girl in damons flashback, i can be more beliebable that elena was drawn to what damon was saying cos this is what a lot of young people want. but as the 17 year old girl a year later, she hada lot of loss and changs in her life she needs to hold on to the things that she just assumed would always be there. as the 18 year old girl. who's lost even more and lost herself partly she want the things that make her feel safe and glad to be still alive, that make her want to fight and live. she doesn twant that advanture and a bit of dangor. she want to be safe in her home with the people she loves with her.

Posted at

I also would find a DE endgame strange because the series started being Stefan's story and i'm sorry but why in the actual f*** would Stefan tell a story about how his true love ended up with his brother? LMAO...Hahahahahaha!! I really just can't...

i know right, in the next season instead of stefans voice its going to be damons, cos its now damons dairies!!! he doesnt even write one, and take the micky out of stefan for it, untill they come in useful.

Posted at

@kay yeah it was a very weird thing to say.i got the feeling she hasnt watched s3, i once saw a fanmade icon of d/e mock up of bella n edward in their wedding gear????

anyway my assment of damon,

well to be totaly honest i loved him in s1. not as a love intrest for elena. just loved his cocky sarcy swagger, he's good at being a bad ass!! just like i felt when kluas stepped out of that box.

i liked that his actions where unexpected. i liked his story and his drive to get kat, and i liked the slow changes in him.like going to get steafn from the tomb vampires. and when stefan went on his little suicide mission damon told elena where he would go.

i liked in s2, how he manged to find more of a balance  that after the jeremy incident, he kinda knew that was to far and he tried to help elena find her answears.

s3 damon was pitiful really to watch, because now when he was doing crazy things it was mainly cos he was pissed off or elena had upset him. it made him look needy puupy dog eyes. and even though he knew why stefan left he still tried to get into elenas head. loke 3.02 with the i want you to remember what you felt whilst he was gone speech. and 3.10 throwing all that info at elena then landing a kiss on her. whilst once again watching stefan go over the edge.

you see for me all the things damon did, he knew what he was doing he wanted to, because thats his vampire nature.he just beleives its his god damn givin right. and perhaps over time elena could have forgive him and everyone else if they saw him trying to redeem himself, but he doesnt its just for elena. and elena who is all about taking care of her loved ones, she sees how damon still treats her freinds. so to me elena can forgive damon as a friend and try and help him want to redeem his self but she cant see him in a romantic way, because even thought you've accepted that thats the past, how can she be free around damon waiting for another lash out if she does something he doesnt like? and really can you ever really forgive some one for killing your brother?

whereas in s3 stefan did some bad things and we knoe he can be even more lethal than damon, but stefan doesnt want this life, its just he's taken over and has to go throught hell to come back, but he clings to his humanity. in his human life he was kind and compassionate, and his moment of weakness and act of selfishness is going to weigh heavliy on him forever.(damon kat thing)

that why this season i want to see damon become more of the group, caring about the others like they mean something to him. and still really hopin for a bamon soryline lol. althought heather put other day about merdith getting her blood from some vampire she knew before, what about if this vampire was a she and she came to mf and sweep damon off his feet?lol

also abut the d/e fans who say stefan wont be able to help elena asa vampire, did a tip top job of it with caroline. remember when damon with vicky he let her outside n lost her, leading to her dead!!

Posted at