Gossip Girl > Gossip Girl Round Table: "It's Really Complicated" > Comments Page 3
Gossip Girl: Finale Flashbacks
Fun-Fact: Did you know that in Monday’s episode there was a pretty major spoilerly spoiler about the identity of Gossip Girl? I’ve known which Upper East Sider is a secret socialite blogger for months now, so I definitely caught the subtle nod. But did you? Not to worry NYC lovers! With only two episodes left in the series, y’all will know soon enough. (But you may want to re-watch the last 30 minutes again just in case you need a bit of a hint.) Lets look ahead, shall we? I hate to say it, but someone major does not make it to the end of the finale. No, this is not escape to the south of France for a vaycay — it’s much more serious than that.
Unfortunately I cannot reveal who but I can give you a hint: It’s not Blair. Phew! Macaroon and peony-lovers can breath a sigh of relief because our favorite mean-girl will be safe while she marries the man of her dreams. (Side-Note: Is anyone else obsessed with that gorgeous light blue wedding d
I think that Dan's final chapter is going to be all about Bart and the illegal oil trades, subsequent murders, etc. Wouldn't it be amazing if Dan and Chuck were really secretly working together to bring down Bart? Dan would be redeemed in everyone's eyes and could blame his "mishaps" on the bigger takedown. Might be a far cry, but would be a great spin on things. Once Bart's story is published he can't hide or weasel his way out of anything else...
Dan and Jenny's mother Alison was a recurring character during the first season an yes she is a blonde
Bart Bass, or Gossip Girl. 6. No, it's all part of his master plan.
1) Chuck's advice to Nate: "lay back and think of England"
2) It wasn't a bad episode, but it was by no means as good as season 1 or season 3 Thanksgiving episodes.
3)Bart being Dan's new role model. Crazy person say what? *what* Hopefully this is just part of Dan's 'plan' somehow.
4) Team NJBC. I think Dan overstepped the mark with Serena. She was right: how can Dan claim to love her whilst publicly embarrassing her by writing mean things about her? Regardless of how true they were (and the writers took pains to show that they were, to at least some extent), he stabbed her in the back. Unacceptable.
5) I think it's going to be a chapter about himself, which will ultimately lead to his redemption.
6) Hahaha to the Victoria Grayson comment. Chuck ain't stupid and Dan ain't the only man with a plan.
1. Tie: Blair: Pocahontas needs her John Smith. Chuck: I always thought of myself more as a John Rolfe kind of man and Chuck: Will you go to war with me? Blair: I thought you'd never ask! 2. Second to Treasure of the Serena Madre. 3. Nate and Sage. 4. Team NJBC! 5. Himself,
I think the only way Dan will redeem himself is if the Final Chapter is about himself. he has to write the truth about himself, things that he wouldn't want people to know (like he did for the other chapters) and only then would the others forgive him...
Final chapter - I'm really hoping for something that will make me like him again...
Is Chuck about to make a huge mistake - I'm with Christina and Leigh. Chuck will pull a Victoria and take down Bart using this series of freak accidents.
Favourite quote/scene - Nate punching Dan. How awesome was that?
It wasn't the best Thanksgiving episode in "GG" history, but it was definitely my favourite episode this season so far.
Biggest surprise - Bart being Dan's role model. I mean... what the actual f***? From Rufus to Bart, that's the new definition of EXTREME.
Team Dan or Team NJBC? NJBC all the way, always, until the day I die. Honestly, I don't get it. Dan wants payback because they've always made him feel like an outsider and looked down at him? Guess what, Dan. You ARE an outsider. Don't be naïve and delusional, in the real world people are not equal. And just FYI, it doesn't matter if you're from UES or Brooklyn if you're a dick.
I don’t think Dan is going to be Gossip Girl, I am surprised about how popular that theory is....it did get me thinking though, have we ever seen Dan’s mother? She must be blonde because Jenny is blonde......and Kristen Bell is blonde
I'm team Dan! What he was amazing and spoke the truth. Him and the Georgina pairing is amazing and I wish they'd get together and be end game. Dark Dan is the best and it's interesting to watch that character become the polar opposite of who he used to be. Sucks the show didn't do this sooner, because it's really interesting to see such a change.
(Great points on Dan's whining about "their world", btw... so he thinks they're all terrible people, but he's mad that they don't accept him? lol, okay. You know, there actually are other people in NYC you can hang out with, Dan. Nobody's holding a gun to your head and making you be part of the UES.)
5. Dan's final chapter is either about what a douche he is (as if anyone needs to be told that by now) or it's about Bart, which could be how they attempt to redeem him.
6. No way, Chuck's not stupid enough to get on a plane when his dad is blowing up BI-owned transportation left and right. I think he'll fake his death to catch Bart in the act. Unfortunately, for it to seem real, I think he won't be able to let Blair in on the plan until afterwards... poor Blair :(
3. Well, Nate can barely remember what he did in the previous episode, so him completely forgetting why he broke up with Sage in the first place is nothing new. And Blair and Chuck have always had their kinks- the most surprising/disappointing part of that scene is that they still have not had sex. Because, seriously? So I guess Dan wanting to be like Bart is the most surprising part, although I think he's probably playing them all. I suspect he'll somehow be involved in Bart's takedown.
4. I honestly don't know how anyone can be Team Dan in this case. I get that he hates Blair and Chuck- and they feel the same way about him, so whatever- but what he did to Serena in this episode was just abhorrent. He told her he loved her, and then used her and stabbed her in the back. There's really no coming back from that. And it was fitting that the punch came from Nate, who he also stabbed in the back for absolutely no reason.
1. Nate: "All he does is drink in bed alone and argue with Monkey"... because I can actually imagine that happening, haha. Actually, everything Chuck/Nate/Monkey-related in this episode was just gold. And two thumbs up to Chuck's Hot Tub Time Machine comment- he knew he had to reference a movie Nate had actually seen, so.
Although the "will you go to war with me?" scene was perfect too.
2. Like Steve said, you can't really compare any episodes from Seasons 5-6 to previous seasons... but all things considered, I think this was a worthy offering. Definitely the best episode of the season so far.
1. 'She's a keeper' (Chuck)
2. Thanksgiving?! What?!
3. Bart being Dan's role model.
4. Team DAN! He did the right thing, but apart from that I think he wants to takedown Bart.
5. About Bart.
6. No no no...Absolutely not.
The first few episodes this season were terrible, I really hope the last two aren't! We need the real GOSSIP GIRL (= Dorota).
i really really liked enjoyed this episode
chair was top of this game
and i did the idea of dan as gg
they made it make sense
so yay for dan going dark
thought i really liked derena, dar dan makes way for sense and i hope there is ni redemption involved
Team Dan all the way! NJBC are all a bunch of hypocrites, specially Nate.
You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Login or Register.
Remember My Info