How I Met Your Mother Review: Final Score
Tonight's How I Met Your Mother explored one of the great conundrums of relationships: Is there such a thing a sleep cheating? Can one be held accountable by one's significant other for subconscious coitus with another person?
After the startling revelation that it was Ranjit who was the object of the rapid thigh movement behind Lily's rapid eye movement, Marshall had no choice but to accept that it was his wife's turn to ride the Crazy Go Round. I liked the common thread of good fathers Marshall found, linking the men in Lily's dreams together, even if it was not the case.
While Lily's pregnancy-induced promiscuity was one score Marshall could not challenge, Ted and Barney's Game of Life debate was itself legendary and worthy of being the subject of "Now We're Even." Each feat of awesomeness and the arbitrary point amount awarded to such was more and more hilarious the longer the tallying went on.
And it was mighty big of Barney to award Ted 9,000 points for sleeping with Robin before he did, wasn't it?
My favorite storyline of the night, though, was Barney's quest to make each night legendary and their coinciding themes. My personal favorites were the night they ate everything on the menu and the night they partied with the mole people. Amidst all the hilarity, however, were two sort of serious moments:
- Barney's admission that each night he is tortured with not knowing what Quinn is doing at work.
- Ted's text to Robin saying he was glad she was alright.
I did think Robin landing the helicopter was a bit far fetched, even by this show's standards, but it was nice to see her finally get the fame she deserved. There were, however, a few random moments of brilliance which more than made up for that one hiccup in reality.
In order of appearance they were:
- Ted spilling the bowl of hot soup on himself while naked. (I think it was Matzo Ball, no?)
- Barney's Speedy Gonzales-esque reappearance in the booth at hearing Marshall mention Lily's sex dream.
- Barney's comment about inception with no knowledge of the movie.
- Barney's Fred Sanford voice when he told Ted, "You're locked out Dummy!"
- Ted trying to impress while in a dress.
Sure, tonight's episode was pretty much filler, but I still gave it a heap load of points for all that it entailed. Don't forget to rate tonight's best How I Met Your Mother quotes and be sure to let us know what you thought of the episode.