American Idol Album Sales Update: Daughtry on Top
According to Nielsen SoundScan, the post-Christmas week was slow for all album sales. But many American Idols seemed to be hit especially hard:
- Chris Daughtry is the new Idol champ on the charts for this week, but he fell from No. 8 to No. 11 after selling 76,000, compared to 250,000 in the pre-Christmas week. Total: 1.12 million.
- Carrie Underwood fell from 4 to 15 on the chart, selling 66,000, down from 292,000. Total: 4.65 million.
- Taylor Hicks album sales were down on the charts from 15 to 36. He sold 39,000, compared to 202,000 the previous week. Total: 540,000.
- Fantasia fell from 63 to 66, selling 22,000, down from 62,000. Total: 217,000.
- Kellie Pickler dropped from 61 to 84 on the chart, selling 17,000, down from 63,000. Total: 353,000.
- Clay Aiken sold 5,900 to bring his total to 489,000. He was off the Top 200 chart.